The 2016 World Daffodil Convention will be held at the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel, which offers complimentary shuttle service to and from Lambert International Airport, as well as complimentary free covered and uncovered parking facilities. The hotel has newly renovated rooms, excellent meeting and exhibit facilities, and a commitment to first-class service.
- Engage in educational opportunities, listen to thought-provoking presentations, and have fun with regional and daffodil-themed events.
- Observe and participate in a fabulous on-site daffodil show including horticulture, artistic design, and photography sections.
- Visit the world-renowned Missouri Botanical Garden, a National Historic Landmark and the oldest public botanical garden in the United States. Tour the grounds and visit the Garden’s Peter H. Raven Library, one of the largest botanical libraries in the world.
- Tour the historically significant Bellefontaine Cemetery and Arboretum, St. Louis’ 166 year-old grand cemetery featuring magnificent architectural finery and a Level II accredited arboretum.
- Visit Haeffner Farm’s extensive daffodil collection of over 2,500 varieties and tour historic downtown Hermann, Missouri for a day and evening of fun in Missouri’s wine country.
- Visit PHS Daffodils in Flora, Illinois where numerous varieties are grown for small scale commercial production, breeding, and evaluation, and view the family’s award-winning collection of antique farm implements.
- Visit the historic naturalized plantings of daffodils at Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, Missouri, a showpiece for native Missouri plants and Ozark ecosystem restoration.
Registration, hotel reservations, and more can be found on our Convention website.
Hope we see you there!
By Lynn Slackman,
2016 World Daffodil Convention Chairperson